Have you ever thought of changing the desktop icons on your Windows 10 PC? It might be boring to see the same name and icons on desktop all the time. If you want to configure desktop icons like you change the wallpaper, color of taksbar or anything else, read throught this tutorial to learn how to set up desktop and folder icons.
- Right click on the blank desktop, and choose “Personalize” option from sub-menu.
- As the Personalization window opens, click on the “Themes” on the left-hand side.
- Choose “Desktop icon settings” under “Related Settins” on the right-hand side.
- Select the icon you want to modify in the list, and click on “Change Icon” button.
- In the Change Icon window, choose the icon you want to change to, and click “OK”.
If you are not satisfied with the avaiblable icons Windows provides, you can also import a new icon by clicking on the “Browse” button and specifying the location where you store the icon file. And the desktop icon will be changed successfully.
How about the folder icons on desktop? You can configure them as well.
- Right click on the folder icon you want to change, and choose “Properties” option.
- Click the “Customize” tab in Properties window, and click on “Change Icon” below.
- Scroll through to select the icon you like, and click on “OK” to save the change.
So that’s how you can configure the desktop and folder icons on Windows 10 PC. I hope this article helps you make your device more interesting and personalized. Interested in Windows news and guides? Follow my blog to keep yourself updated.